Services & Coverage
Workers’ Compensation, the obligation of employers to be responsible for the costs incurred to treat and indemnify workers injured on the job, is a significant percentage of the insurance budget for many employers in New Jersey, the New York Metropolitan Area and around the country. Although Workers’ Compensation is governed by each state, many issues impacting coverage and cost are the same regardless of the jurisdiction.
Today, employers need to be knowledgeable about their Workers’ Compensation options and their ability to protect their businesses while providing benefits for injured workers.
We advise businesses, institutions and service organizations on issues such as:
- The components of a successful Workers’ Compensation program
- How different state laws can make a difference
- Preventing accidents
- How to best manage claims
- Return to work programs….alternative duty
- The role of Managed Care in Workers’ Compensation
- When is an accident compensable?
We can help you answer these critical questions:
- Who are the strongest, most reliable Workers’ Compensation underwriters in the market today?
- Which one is right for your business?
- What kind of dividends and discounts are available to employers today? Which is my business eligible for?
- How do I analyze my claims experience? What do the numbers really mean for me?
- Why do so many employees go to a lawyer the minute they are injured? Is Workplace Harassment covered by Workers’ Compensation?
- Should I pay small claims out of my pocket or submit everything to the insurance company?
- Do I have to report “every little accident”, even if there are no related medical bills?
- What is experience rating and how does it work? What does my Experience Modification Factor mean?
Other ways to control costs:
- Am I eligible for self-insurance?
- What are “captive” insurance companies? Will they work for me?
- How can I maximize cost savings through:
- Scheduled Credits
- Experience Modification Control
- Employee Class Code
- Managed Care
- Retrospective Rating
- Experience Modification Audit
- Payroll Management